Ed Lynch joins Smith Haughey’s Ann Arbor office as a shareholder representing and defending healthcare providers and facilities against claims of medical malpractice throughout the state of Michigan. He has represented solo practitioners, medical practice groups, community hospitals and clinics, hospice and home health services agencies, long-term care facilities, large health systems, medical device and appliance manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, liability carriers and managed care organizations.
Ed is an experienced attorney that has worked continuously within the healthcare field since 1990. He has extensive health law experience, ranging from lead trial counsel in malpractice, general negligence and healthcare commercial and contractual disputes, to non-litigation roles in medical and dental practice counseling and management, regulatory compliance, complex transactions, insurance issues, and formalizing health-related vendor relationships.
Active in the community, Ed serves in various charitable volunteer and nonprofit advisory roles, including being a long time member of the Sisters of Mercy’s Side-By-Side Committee which supports the work of Mercy Education Project in southwest Detroit. In 2013, Ed was named the National Alumnus Advisor of the Year by the Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity for his volunteer work with undergraduates at Michigan State University. Additionally, he served a term as President of the Michigan Society of Healthcare Risk Management.
Ed and his wife Glezia like spending time with their two sons, Brendan and Lucas. Ed also enjoys traveling and sports activities. He practices taekwondo and holds the rank of 2nd Dan Black Belt.
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, since 2002
- Named a “Top Lawyer” in in the area of medical malpractice by dbusiness Magazine, 2010
- Selected as “2013 Top Rated Lawyers in Healthcare Law” by the National Law Journal
- Michigan State University (B.A. in Urban Policy, Political Science, 1987)
- University of Detroit School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- State Bar of Michigan, 1990
Smith Haughey Publications
|Newsletter||4/19/2017||Medical Malpractice and Health Law Newsletter: Upcoming Changes to Laws Regarding Physician's Assistants and Nurse Practictioners|
|Newsletter||11/1/2014||Medical Malpractice Newsletter: Greer v Advantage Health Physicians, Krusac v Covenant Healthcare|
News for Edward N. Lynch
Blog posts for Edward N. Lynch
- Michigan Society of Healthcare Risk Management, Board of Directors
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Incorporated Society of Irish American Lawyers
- Michigan Life Science Council (Founding Contributor)
- Sisters of Mercy’s Side-By-Side Committee