For nearly 40 years, Jim has represented businesses and individuals in the areas of business, real estate, probate, and estate planning law.
He holds a coveted AV peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell, Inc., the highest rating offered by this prestigious organization.
A native of Grand Rapids, Jim is the father of two sons and a daughter.
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Aquinas College (B.A., 1967)
- University of Michigan (J.D., 1970)
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Michigan, 1970
Smith Haughey Publications
|Newsletter||10/1/2003||Legal Ease Fall 2003|
News for James G. Black
Blog posts for James G. Black
- State Bar of Michigan (Member, Sections on: Business Law, Probate & Estate, Real Property, Taxation)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Business and Taxation, Corporate, Probate and Real Property. Former trustee and officer.)
- Member, Attorney Discipline Board Hearing Panel
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation