Why Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge
At Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge, we take our commitment to passionately represent our clients’ interests seriously, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously. The statues pictured throughout this section of our site reside in several of our office lobbies. They reflect our sense that, although the law is a serious business that requires a legal team with tremendous skill, passion, and integrity, we can still be ourselves—approachable and accessible.
We believe that the quality of our people defines the quality of our law firm. Our focus on teamwork and hiring the best people has made us one of the most respected, efficient, and collegial law firms around. We are a professional organization with a down-to-earth feel.
Our team is proud of our noteworthy accomplishments, such as:
- Fifteen of our lawyers were selected as “Michigan Super Lawyers.”
- Ten of our lawyers have been selected to be included in the “The Best Lawyers in America.”
- One of our lawyers was selected as a “Lawyer of the Year” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
- One of our lawyers received the “Donald R. Worsfold Distinguished Service Award" for his service to the Grand Rapids Bar Association, the legal profession, and his community.
- Another of our lawyers is the chairperson of the largest construction trade organization chapter in Michigan.
- One of our legal secretaries served as the chairperson of the National Association of Legal Secretaries-West Michigan Chapter.
- The firm has repeatedly been honored as one of the “101 Best Places to Work.”
- We received the “Employer Recognition Award” from the Women’s Resource Center for our efforts to advance women in the workplace.
- Several of our clients have been with us since we opened for business decades ago.
- Much of our staff has been here for more than 20 years.
While we are often praised for these and other accomplishments, we find that our greatest achievements are the relationships we have developed with each other and our clients. Indeed, it is our personal approach that distinguishes us from other law firms. So if you think that you’d like to join a team that provides its clients with the finest professional legal services (without forgetting how to laugh), then we invite you to find out whether there is a place at Smith Haughey for you.